Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Day or Two in Stavros Dinner at home (part 4)

Now that we have the food we can make dinner. I say we but Grier has been doing most of the cooking. I set the table and am on clean up crew. Ah, and also, I get to pour the wine. Seems like cold white wine has become our standard in the summer heat. I think we have eaten a total of at most 5 meals indoors since we got here. We have never eaten indoors at a restaurant.

As I write this I can see some significant gaps in the story. We are missing breakfast on the front porch (although here is a picture of Grier eating breakfast on the patio), doing laundry and hanging it on the line (an almost daily occurrence), stopping for coffee and fresh orange juice on the way to or returning from the beach, sunset shining on Stavros Mountain, the evening walk, and the alternate ending of going out to dinner and not to forget the Raki and dessert!

Maybe I can remedy some of those gaps by the end of today, we are going to Oineses Restaurant for dinner tonight, I am washing a load of clothes right now, and I'm pretty sure we will have a sunset today!

Oh dear, I wrote this four part blog and then published it in backwards order. So, read part 1 first, and then the others.







No comments:

Post a Comment