Sunday, June 2, 2013

St. Lucy Arrives

St. Lucy arrived by ferry from Athens on Friday. We got a ride to the port at Souda Bay, drove onto the ferry and there she was. She started and we drove her off and then to the customs house where something happened for a couple hours, I signed some papers and paid 25 euro. Then we drove back to Stavros. We measured the archway at the house where we will be staying and she fits under it, also she fit under the carport so all looks good on that front.

We took her on her first official travel yesterday. We went up a lovely canyon south of Chania called Theriso, had lunch at a small mountain town at the head of the canyon under the shade of a huge mulberry tree. Then back down the canyon where we stopped by the road to have a nap in the back of St. Lucy. Very exiting to be able to take a nap.

Today we stayed home to relax. There was a fund raiser at the apartments where we are staying. They had a band playing oldies. Made me home sick.

Grier is napping and the wind is blowing again. I think the wind and napping are becoming pattern.







2 comments:

  1. So glad St. Lucy has arrived and fits in well! I loved your photos of the canyon drive and that huge mulberry tree! Thanks for sharing your explorations with us.
    Book club met last week at Claire's, so we had a chance to see her beautiful gardens, had a great discussion of the book, and made plans for the luncheon at Chris's. I just finished re-reading The Great Gatsby and then Jack and I saw the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I just figured out how to read and reply to comments. Sounds like book club is doing well. When I get home I'll be retired so I can go to the luncheons. Looking forward to it.

      Delete